Monday, August 1, 2016

Review: Lux Luminique Airy Style & Shiseido Fino Premium Touch Hair Mask

My love for beauty and skincare products will probably never die, though these days I don't hoard (as much) and limit my purchases. I did bring over a quarter of a suitcase filled with my must-have skincare products but heavier items like shampoo, bath care and masks, I bought when I arrived in Japan.

My first review will be on haircare! I previously used the LUX Luminique Un-Stress range and really liked it so I decided to try the Airy Style range. I also picked up the SHISEIDO Fino Premium Touch Hair Mask though I've been using Moist Diane Extra Damage Repair Hair Mask for the past 2 years.


The LUX Luminique range features non-silicone shampoos and the Airy Style variant is no different. It contains pomegranate and orchid extract to give hair a lively airy bounce and brilliant shine. 

As for the Shiseido Fino Premium Touch Hair Mask, according to the website- is the perfect hair care product for damaged dry hair by weather changes, UV-ray and color/perm treated hair. Formulated with royal jelly EX to moisturize, PCA (Para-chloroamphetamine) to strengthen, and Lipidure EX to repair, leaving hair nourished and shiny. 


My hair is quite long, thick and heavy- but relatively healthy (or so I'd like to think), using a suitable shampoo is really important for me because if it's too rich, my scalp oils easily and weighs my hair down creating a flat, greasy top. If it's too light or drying- my scalp itches and flakes, not to mention the frizzy and split ends I get. I avoid silicone based shampoo when I can as I find they contribute to my greasy and flat scalp. The Lux Luminique Airy Style shampoo and conditioner work really well for me and I like it very much. It does leave my hair with an airy feel, and the scent is a soft floral which isn't overpowering. I have already purchased the refills!


I use hair masks about 2-3 times weekly, I find that my ends are much softer when I use them alternating with conditioners. If I use them daily, my hair tends to be weighed down. I'm usually not fussed with the brand, as long as the scent isn't too artificial or strong and the formula has to be thick. The Shiseido Fino Premium Touch checks both boxes, a pleasant scent and thick custardy formula. It performs well too, my only gripe is the packaging. Flip tops are much more convenient for me in the shower. Aside from that, its a great and affordable hair mask which keeps my hair soft but not flat.


Finding it so hard to resist when faced with so many choices and pretty packaging! Have to keep reminding myself that I now live here and don't have to buy everything that tickles my fancy at one go. Unless it's a limited edition packaging or collaboration ^_^ Can't wait to try the Kao Essential Rich Damage Care x Alice next!

No comments:

Post a Comment